[plt-scheme] symbols redefined in SRFIs

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 12:13:58 EDT 2006

Y'all do know that the conflicting identifiers are exported
with s: prepended to their name?  E.g. for reverse!

Welcome to MzScheme version 352.6, Copyright (c) 2004-2006
PLT Scheme Inc.
> (require (lib "list.ss" "srfi" "1"))
> s:reverse!
#<procedure:my-reverse!>

I agree this situation is a mess, and would like a better
fix, but just thought everyone should be aware of the
current fix.

N.

--- Jepri <jepri at alphacomplex.org> wrote:

> > This might seem like "much trouble", but when you
> > get used to the module system, you won't give
> > it much thought.
>
> Learning these tricks has probably been the most
> frustrating and
> crazy-making part of learning plt-scheme.  It would be
> great if your
> example there got included in the require documentation,
> since I
> wouldn't have guessed I could do that just by reading the
> require docs.
>   One example is worth 1000 words.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/