[plt-scheme] symbols redefined in SRFIs

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 18:20:21 EDT 2006

At Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:15:46 +0300, "Dan Muresan" wrote:
> Perhaps you misunderstood me -- I'm not saying that the default
> mzscheme language should not export the conflicting symbols; I'm
> suggesting that it should export the SRFI-1 versions directly,
> avoiding a spurious conflict whenever SRFI-1 is (require)'ed.

If I were to write a program that used mzscheme's reverse! and worked
fine, and then I were to add a require in to load in some procedure
(that, presumably wasn't reverse!) from srfi-1, my old program should
would (silently) behave differently? That doesn't seem wise.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.