[plt-scheme] symbols redefined in SRFIs

From: Dan Muresan (danmbox at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 18:26:21 EDT 2006

> If I were to write a program that used mzscheme's reverse! and worked
> fine, and then I were to add a require in to load in some procedure
> (that, presumably wasn't reverse!) from srfi-1, my old program should
> would (silently) behave differently? That doesn't seem wise.

You are bringing up that old "raising-conflicts-saves-lives" argument
I've seen on the mailing list, but it doesn't apply here...

First of all, I was proposing that mzscheme never export anything but
the SRFI-1 versions -- or, alternatively, that the SRFI-1
implementation simply re-export the mzscheme versions, where
applicable (such as for reverse!).

Now, how is mzscheme reverse! different from SRFI-1 reverse! ? I see
no inherent reasons for two different versions. Do you? SRFI-1 doesn't
mandate the usage of its reference implementation, in case you want to
mention "native vs. Scheme".

-- Dan

Posted on the users mailing list.