[plt-scheme] Colleges using DrScheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 14 08:16:16 EDT 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 3:45 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> Beyond Chicago, Utah, Brown, Northeastern, and WPI (people you could
> say that are "on the inside"), a google search for "course software
> drscheme" reveals that Grinnell, Rice (a course run by someone who
> wasn't even at Rice when we all left there), NYU, UMass Lowell, MIT,
> Helsinki University of Technology, Waterloo, University of Minnestoa
> Morris, Rutgers, and University of Rhode Island all use DrScheme in
> their courses.

We used to do a "who uses drscheme" search on a reasonably regular
basis. A couple of years back (2003?) we figured that between 60 and
100 colleges in the US and abroad use drscheme for at least one
course. In addition, we have trained some 500 high school teachers
most of whom have used drscheme at once in their high schools. It is
probably fair to say that each college represents some 100 to 200
students and each high school some 20 to 30. These estimates are
conservatives but you can adjust as needed. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.