[plt-scheme] Colleges using DrScheme

From: Patrick Collison (patrick at collison.ie)
Date: Thu Jul 13 06:43:28 EDT 2006

Hi Matt,

On 13 Jul 2006, at 11:32, Matt Jadud wrote:

> It's a no-brainer; the tool is far superior, IMHO, to the MIT/Emacs
> combination. I could be more concise/provide more info in support
> of your argument if you like... but it will be more of an
> "experience report" than anything else.

Some sort of experience report would be great -- I think that's
exactly the kind of thing they're looking for. At the moment, even
though I've answered most of the questions raised, there still seems
to be a feeling among of the guys here that DrScheme is too young,
experimental and immature. Any evidence to the contrary would, of
course, be very helpful.

> (PS. You might find more information by looking at the TeachScheme!
> pages, which will give you a sense for what US high schools took
> part in those workshops, and are likely using it as well.)

I'll definitely check that out.

Thanks,

-Patrick