[plt-scheme] module hierarchy

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Sun Jul 9 12:22:00 EDT 2006

Hi,
I like the protection that modules provide against modifying their variables
by code that requires the modules. I also like the shielding of scope, even
in syntax definitions. Beautiful! A module may, in thought, be devided in
submodules, the main module simply requiring the submodules and calling or
providing whatever is to be supplied to the user. Likewise submodules may
require subsubmodules, and so on. However, as I understand, every module
must be located in its own file, which makes all submodules evenly
accessible to the user, contrary to my concept of dividing a main module in
hidden submodules. Is there a technical reason why a module must not contain
other modules? If there is no such technical problem, has it been considered
to allow submodules to be declared and required within a module?
Jos Koot
((((lambda(x)((((((x x)x)x)x)x)x))
   (lambda(x)(lambda(y)(x(x y)))))
  (lambda(x)(write x)x))