[plt-scheme] feature request for PLaneT

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 11 10:46:07 EDT 2006

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:

>> If there were a command-line invocation of planet that said "download
>> the latest minor revision for each package that I already have a minor
>> revision of", you could combine that with the "-U" option.
>>
>> Would that be what you want?
>>

> I thing yes. Does this mean all current cached packages are removed,
> after which new packages
> are downloaded 'on demand'?

It wouldn't remove the actual packages, just the associations between
package and require-line. If you remove those assocations and then get
new versions of every package, then your programs will get the most
recent compatible version of anything they require.

> And could it be combined with e.g. an additional PLaneT "server"?

In principle yes.

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.