[plt-scheme] Changing GUI language will cause the setting of programming language lost

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Aug 17 16:26:18 EDT 2006

On Aug 17, Robby Findler wrote:
> At Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:24:57 -0400, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > On Aug 14, Robby Findler wrote:
> > > The fix required adding a new method to the
> > > drscheme:language:language<%> interface (and friends). I've checked
> > > in changes to the algol60, eopl, frtime, profj, and swindle
> > > collections to implement this method. If you maintain one of those
> > > collections, please do double check the change.
> > 
> > Wouldn't it be easier to use an identifier based on the language
> > position?
> That was what the buggy version did.
> But, your message made me realize that I could have used
> get-language-numbers.

(That's what I meant -- the "-positions" name always confused me.)

> All of the tools already obeyed this invariant except swindle. I've
> changed swindle somewhat, but if there are multiple customized
> languages, it will fail again (I think). Eli, I think you're
> probably in a better position to fix that one than I am. (If you
> don't want to change that interface, you could use a counter or
> something. I was sure how best to proceed.)

OK, I fixed it.  A counter is only needed for the second use of
add-swindle-languages, which adds languages based on additional files
it might find in the collection.

When I did that I noticed that there is a bug in the easter egg code:
if you make a mistake, then afterwards the "mars" image is not
trigerred.  I fixed that.

          ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
                  http://www.barzilay.org/                 Maze is Life!

Posted on the users mailing list.