[plt-scheme] Changing GUI language will cause the setting of programming language lost

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 17 12:05:14 EDT 2006

At Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:24:57 -0400, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> On Aug 14, Robby Findler wrote:
> > The fix required adding a new method to the
> > drscheme:language:language<%> interface (and friends). I've checked
> > in changes to the algol60, eopl, frtime, profj, and swindle
> > collections to implement this method. If you maintain one of those
> > collections, please do double check the change.
> Wouldn't it be easier to use an identifier based on the language
> position?

That was what the buggy version did.

But, your message made me realize that I could have used
get-language-numbers. Although there was no requirement before that
different languages have different numbers, there should have been
(since there was not a well-defined ordering in the language dialog if
two languages do have the same numbers and the get-language-numbers is
all about specifying that ordering).

So, I've removed that new method (sorry for the thrashing everyone!).
Please forget my earlier message.

All of the tools already obeyed this invariant except swindle. I've
changed swindle somewhat, but if there are multiple customized
languages, it will fail again (I think). Eli, I think you're probably
in a better position to fix that one than I am. (If you don't want to
change that interface, you could use a counter or something. I was sure
how best to proceed.)


Posted on the users mailing list.