[plt-scheme] switching between MzScheme versions

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 15 20:21:27 EDT 2006

At Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:17:49 +0200, "Jos Koot" wrote:
> I frequently download the most recent version of the SVN repository trunk.
> In some cases it would be nice to switch quickly from one version to another
> one, particularly in case a newer version makes my programs produce other
> results.

You can install any number of versions at the same time, whether
they're normal releases or nightly builds --- as long as you don't
install them to the same directory, obviously.

The only collision is that the latest install is the one you get when
you double-click ".scm" files.

> However, it is clearly adviced not to install more than one version
> of MzScheme at the same time.

Sounds like we should fix the advice. Can you tell me what you see?

I think the advice is probably meant as "don't install a new version in
the same place as an old version", which causes trouble when the two
versions don't have the same set of files.

Posted on the users mailing list.