[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Wed Aug 21 11:32:14 EDT 2002

I've been trying to get the new help desk to work, and the fact that
I'm having trouble (plus the complaints on comp.lang.scheme) is an
indication that some things are wrong with the new setup.  Here are
some of the problems I've been having:

- The list of web browsers seems to be hardcoded and lacks some
  important specimens (notably Konqueror on Unix).

- The help desk lets me press "none" as a browser choice, but sure
  enough fires up Opera anyway.  (Of course, I was hoping I'd get the
  old one back.)

- My browser was configured to use a proxy; I hadn't catered to the
  possibility that someone would want to connect to localhost.
  Feedback on what had gone wrong was nil.  (This isn't PLT's fault
  per se, but the help desk is sensitive to the web browser setup
  which isn't that great.)

I understand that the web browser may have become a burden to
maintain, but couldn't at least the old one have stayed in as long as
it's still working?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike