[plt-scheme] Copying bindings between namespaces

From: Timo Lilja (tlilja at niksula.cs.hut.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 28 08:24:31 EDT 2002

Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> writes:

>Are you aware of the new module system in PLT 200 (whose head keyword
>is `module')?  If for some reason you've rejected a solution based on
>that, it would help to know why.

I looked into this module system and couldn't really figure out how to
use it. I tried something like this:

First let's create a module which contains the forms I want:

(module my-primitives mzscheme
  (provide +)
  (provide #%module-begin)
  (provide #%app)
  (provide #%datum)
  (provide #%top)
  (provide define)
  (provide provide))

And this has to be required:

(require my-primitives)

Now I can create another module which uses 'my-primitives' and thus
contains only the needed forms and primitives:

(module my-eval-module my-primitives
  (define result <untrusted code here>)
  (provide result))

After this, I require 'my-eval-module' and get the evalution result
from the variable 'result'. So it seems that this would need a macro
wrapped to the code above but I I can't do this because module
declarations can appear only at the top level.

--
Timo Lilja