[plt-dev] One e-mail per commit?

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon May 17 13:24:22 EDT 2010

I agree with Eli completely here (except that I keep paper grocery
lists). If I received that many automated emails, I predict they would
get procmailed away into a folder never to be seen again.

I vote no to one-email-per-commit.

My ideal form of notification would tell me the committer(s), the
part(s) of the tree where activity was taking place, the commit
messages, and a link to the full diff if I want to examine it.... all in
the first twenty or so lines of the message. (< 20 lines for a typical
push; pushes with many commits would need more lines, of course). I'm
disinclined to scroll through long auto-generated emails, so I probably
only catch the first commit message in the current format.

Ryan

Posted on the dev mailing list.