[plt-dev] One e-mail per commit?

From: Stevie Strickland (sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon May 17 13:27:19 EDT 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Michael Sperber wrote:
> I didn't say they're only important to Sam - Eli said this.

Yes, understood.  I didn't mean that as directed towards you; I only wanted to ensure that I was on the record as saying that I'd prefer people did _not_ start squashing things willy-nilly, except where it makes sense.

> I only said that *if* X is about to push N (where N >> 1) changes and
> *X* thinks only the composition of those changes matters for everyone
> else, then X should push a single composed patch.  I totally agree with
> the rest of what you said - especially "easily digestible", which the
> current push e-mails are not.

Yep. To officially weigh in on this side of things, I have been in the "don't care" camp, though I do sympathize with your concern here.  I used to read, or at least skim, all the SVN commits (I got both trunk and branch commits via email).  However, I have been much more lax about doing it recently because it's more work.  Given that, I think I'm moving over towards the "separate emails" camp.

Stevie

Posted on the dev mailing list.