[plt-dev] One e-mail per commit?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon May 17 13:36:11 EDT 2010

On May 17, Ryan Culpepper wrote:

> My ideal form of notification would tell me the committer(s), the
> part(s) of the tree where activity was taking place, the commit
> messages, and a link to the full diff if I want to examine
> it.... all in the first twenty or so lines of the message. (< 20
> lines for a typical push; pushes with many commits would need more
> lines, of course). I'm disinclined to scroll through long
> auto-generated emails, so I probably only catch the first commit
> message in the current format.

The emails should be pretty minimal in length now -- if you remember,
I started with a summary of files changed, but that made it impossible
to know what a commit refers to.  At some point in the future I think
that I can add some "alert" lines if someone else committed changes to
files that you're responsible for.