[plt-dev] Format of push notification emails

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Apr 21 22:20:52 EDT 2010

On Apr 21, Carl Eastlund wrote:
> I currently find the commits hard to parse; there's a lot of
> information and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.  On
> the other hand, I haven't had much time to get used to them, and I
> don't believe any of the edits have touched code I'm familiar with.
> So it's probably just a matter of time.  Once the system has been
> around longer I may have more substantial comments.

One thing that might help there is to trim the headers, so instead of

  commit 5d6ae2b4b9cf00b96095cb86c68c9b61f0f573ce
  Author: Matthew Flatt <mflatt at racket-lang.org>
  Date:   2010-04-21 19:32:33 -0600

      rackty start page

you will see:

  commit 5d6ae2b --- Matthew Flatt <mflatt at racket-lang.org>

      rackty start page

(There is a minor change to git that I'm waiting for that will make it
easier to have this format.)