[racket] Error with pict3d

From: Tomi Pieviläinen (tomi.pievilainen at iki.fi)
Date: Sun Mar 15 13:15:21 EDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 01:01:02PM +0530, Dr. C. SHUNMUGA VELAYUTHAM  wrote:
> I tried first glxinfo | grep "version" on my ubuntu machine and found that openGL version is 1.4.
>
> I also tried your racket code but it gave the following error
>
> ?: unbound identifier in module in: ?
>
> So I tried installing the latest version of OpenGL and I found the following after installation
>
> OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on i915 (chipset: G33)
> OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.6.0-devel (git-f68a973 2015-03-14 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
>
> And I found from the link http://www.taiwanpcsources.com/intelgraphics.htm that Chipset G33 supports only 1.4 + Extensions.
>
> So I guess I should upgrade my machine. Thanks Neil for the support.

Alternatively you could try to use the llvm compiled software renderer
by launching drracket with environment variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE
set to "yes". After that glxinfo should say:

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.5, 128 bits)
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.4.2
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30

But at least in my case (Core 2 Duo T9300) it's horribly slow even
with the spinning cube example. But still useful for producing single
frames, if that's any use to you.

For what it's worth, you need at least 2. generation Intel Core CPU,
any AMD APU, Radeon HD 2xxx, or Geforce 8100 to get OpenGL 3+.

--
Tomi Pieviläinen, +358 400 487 504
A: Because it disrupts the natural way of thinking.