[racket] new Jr. Racket Developer job

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Sep 16 23:31:29 EDT 2014

I'm helping a colleague hire a smart junior-level Racket developer.

The job spec is still being ironed-out, but a top candidate would be
someone smart and responsible, and who has some experience with all of
Racket, Java, and Python.

More important than any particular languages/tools is the demonstrated
capacity to grasp more than one programming paradigm. So, if you've done
idiomatic programming in each of, say, Racket, SIMULA, and ALGOL, you'd
still be a good candidate.  Already knowing some Racket really helps you
stand out, though.

This is for a real full-time salaried job, with the usual benefits.
Telecommuting is possible, and the office is in the Eastern NY state
area (not NYC area).

The company is not a startup nor a dotcom, and it is not all
Google-exciting (no snack rooms, no plastic ball pools, no concierges).
This is an established, stable, small-to-mid company, in a group that
works on sober things like safety-critical process improvement.

An official job posting will be made later, once details are figured
out.  But I'm testing the waters initially just on this Racket email
list.  So, if you're still reading this post to this Racket email list,
and you're interested in this junior-level Racket developer position,
then please feel free to email your resume to me now (in PDF or ASCII
format), and I'll pass it along.

BTW, the job is "junior" only in terms of professional Racket
development experience, and in the challenge level of work needed right
now.  It's very much open to all ages, and diversity is also welcome in
general at the company.

Please *don't* re-post this elsewhere at this time; my email beep thanks
you.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.