[racket] gnucash and racket

From: Hendrik Boom (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Sat Sep 6 20:56:25 EDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 06, 2014 at 08:34:00PM -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> What all have people done with using Racket with GnuCash?

Racket I don't know.  But the scripting language for gnucash, from
the very beginning ages ago was guile, whch is a dialect of Scheme.

In fact, at one time gnucash was a guile program that invoked code
written in C (or C++?). That is, of course, how a scripting language
is supposed to work.

I gather that the current gnucash developer(s) have decided that
they would like to distance themselves from guile.  But it is still
alive and well as its report generator.

The main problem I have with using guile for generating reports is
that I can find no documentation about the guile-gnucash interface.

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.