[racket] Nice article on scientific computing in Racket

From: Bradley Lucier (lucier at math.purdue.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 31 12:39:33 EDT 2014

On 10/31/2014 05:34 AM, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> --On 27 octobre 2014 14:09:07 -0400 Bradley Lucier <lucier at purdue.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> heine:~/text/courses/computation/computational-reals/src> gsc
>>  Gambit v4.7.3
>>
>>> (load "exact-reals")
>
> Is that Scheme library for exact reals available somewhere?

I put the current copy at

http://www.math.purdue.edu/~lucier/computable-reals/

together with the paper on which the code is based.

The code has some Gambit-isms.  exact-reals.scm has a few general
comments, gives some compiler declarations, then loads utilities.scm,
basics.scm, and transcendentals.scm.

You can trust the code in utilities.scm and basics.scm; in
transcendentals.scm, not so much (but the computation of pi works, and
if you do argument reduction so arguments are < pi/4, so does sine and
cosine).

I welcome comments, corrections, etc.

Brad

PS: It's been slightly over 15 years since I came to visit you in
Orleans!  Time flies.

Posted on the users mailing list.