[racket] book for a absolute beginner

From: Amir Ansari (fractallyte at csi.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 13:29:05 EDT 2014

A colleague and I are working on a book for absolute beginners (ie. middle and high schoolers), but it's still at an early stage...

The best books I've come across are:

The Little Schemer, by Daniel Friedman and Matthias Felleisen
Realm of Racket, by Matthias Felleisen et al
How to Design Programs, by Matthias Felleisen, Robert Bruce Findler, Matthew Flatt, Shriram Krishnamurthi (1st and 2nd editions available online)
Picturing Programs, by Stephen Bloch (http://picturingprograms.com/)

Apart from RoR, these are general programming books for beginners, with an emphasis on Scheme (which should also apply to Racket).

Amir