[racket] Running handin-server in headless linux box

From: William J. Bowman (wjb at williamjbowman.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 10:14:34 EDT 2014

I've been running the handin-server on a headless server as well, using
xvfb. However, I'm not using screen.

Instead I've used the systemd units posted
https://gist.github.com/bluephoenix47/9642463 (similar init scripts
could be used). Essentially, I run Xvfb as a daemon and simply run
`racket -l handin-server` with the right DISPLAY. This has the advantage
of automatically launching the server on startup, and restarting if it
dies.

I just ssh and look at the log files when I need to see output.

And if you're interested, I'm working on a bunch of scripts at
https://github.com/bluephoenix47/cs2500-scripts for use with the handin
server. They are currently in pretty rough state, but a good starting
place for automating various things like due dates and posting grades.

William Bowman