[racket] What controls when the DrRacket file extension popup dialog comes up?

From: Alec Ramsay (a73cram5ay at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 14:41:55 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm using DrRacket on Mac OS X to work through the Pollen Quick tour
<http://mbutterick.github.io/pollen/doc/quick-tour.html>.

When saving files with .pp and .pm file extension, I get the popup below as
expected and desired (and DrRacket creates files with .pp and .pm file
extensions, respectively, no .rkt extension).

However, when I make the file name have a .pmd file extension and save--see
Section 2.7 - Markdown Mode--this popup does not appear, and DrRacket
simply automatically appends the .rkt extension (which I don't want) and
saves. There doesn't seem to be a way to save a file with just a .pmd
extension from DrRacket. (Again, you can for .pp and .pm).

What controls when this popup appears and/or how do I get it to appear, so
I can create .pmd files from w/in DrRacket?

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

Alec

[image: Inline image 1]