[racket] Learning Path for Web Applications?

From: David Vanderson (david.vanderson at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 10:06:05 EST 2014

On 02/17/2014 09:09 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> The Racket documentation explains our Web API, but doesn't always
> explain why you need these things in the larger context of Web
> programs.
>
>> There is a tutorial and an API document about web applications on the
>> official site of Racket. But they are not enough for me. I don't even know
>> how to handle cookies and realize user registration.

Ben,

You are asking the right questions.  Jay's high-level overview of user
login is correct.  But when you start asking about the details of
implementation, I've found that almost every web application does things
a little differently.

I don't think you're going to find a user login tutorial where everyone
agrees on the details.  Here's a paper that helped me:
https://www.isecpartners.com/media/12009/web-session-management.pdf

Please keep asking questions, and feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.