[racket] GUI, places, exe

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 15 08:55:23 EST 2014

At Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:14:51 +0400, Roman Klochkov wrote:
>  When I try to use places with racket/gui in one file, it gives me a error,
> because of double gui initialization.
>
> When I use places in separate file via dynamic-place, it works, until I make
> an executable.
> Then the executable requests all sources for my place.rkt, uncluding all
> required collects.
>
> Am I doing something wroing? Please help!

Can you provide an example?

I tried:

 x.rkt
 -----
 #lang racket/gui
 (require "y.rkt")
 (module+ main (go))

 y.rkt
 -----
 #lang racket
 (provide go)
 (define (go) (place-wait (place p 10)))

and "x.rkt" works both when run directory or as separate executable.

In contrast,

 z.rkt
 -----
 #lang racket/gui
 (define (go) (place-wait (place p 10)))
 (module+ main (go))

fails in both modes (as you report and as expected).

Posted on the users mailing list.