[racket] Is there any tool like curses in Racket?

From: Neil Van Dyke Lists (neil_lists at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Feb 3 18:06:16 EST 2014

CharTerm works on GNU/Linux, and reportedly also on Mac OS X.  Probably
not on Microsoft Windows, although I'm willing to add Windows support if
someone cares enough to research a good and easy approach using current
Windows facilities (not Win32 FFI calls).  (Of course, you can always
run the Racket code on GNU/Linux or Mac OS X, while using as your
display an SSH client terminal emulator running on Windows.)

If someone is programming with CharTerm and wants example code, in
addition to the "demo.rkt" that comes with CharTerm, there is also
Rackonsole ("http://www.neilvandyke.org/rackonsole/").  "demo.rkt" might
be a good copy&paste starting point for one's app event loop with window
resizing.  One can discard the code in "demo.rkt" for the editable text
widget.  (The editable text widget and the window-resizing event loop
skeleton both might become library features in the future, but for now
it's copy&paste from "demo.rkt".)

Neil V.