[racket] How to display math formulas using LaTeX in Scribble?

From: E Comer (kernel at matikai.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 19:34:28 EDT 2014

Hi dear friends:

What is the recommended way to display math formulas using LaTeX in Scribble?

After installing the racket-poppler package under Windows, I try:

#lang slideshow

(require racket-poppler/render-tex)
(latex-path "C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9
            /miktex/bin/pdflatex")
(define p (latex->pict "$\\sqrt{x^2+y^2}$"))
(pict->bitmap p)

but I receive the following error:

ffi-lib: couldn't open "libpoppler-glib.dll.8" (No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.; errno=126)

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestion or example to help me to solve this problem.

Sincerely, Enrique

P.S. Congratulations for all your great work related to Racket, especially with the beautiful Scribble tool.