[racket] ANN: 2048 game - Racket edition

From: Daniel Prager (daniel.a.prager at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 21 01:06:47 EDT 2014

I've been getting a fair bit of mileage out of the 2htdp/image and allied
libraries to do exploratory programming with an emphasis on graphics.

The abstractions are very nice, so I keep using them. It seems that what's
good for novices is also good for fun programming, and good for me.

I do occasionally bump into tradeoffs made for instructional purposes: e.g.
how above and beside fail when they only have one argument, and now would
appreciate a more performant version of big-bang.

What's the step up from 2htdp/image? Is there a more general argument to
refractor these libraries into "serious" and learning layers?

It seems to me that part of the promise of the Lisp family is to come up
with better and better and cleaner and clearer abstractions and libraries.

Hopefully the community can lend a hand to the core Racket developers on
this .
..

Dan