[racket] How to get a pict-box into a slideshow?

From: Konrad Hinsen (konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 18 08:39:56 EDT 2013

Robby Findler writes:

 > It didn't hang yet for me after 12 attempts. If you do see it

After rebooting my machine this morning (for a completely unrelated
reason), it doesn't hang any more.

 > again, and you started DrRacket from a shell prompt, hit control-c
 > and we might get lucky and get an informative stacktrace.

Good idea. I don't normally start DrRacket from a shell prompt (which is
a bit messy under MacOS), but it is possible and indeed yields a nice
stacktract after a Control-C.

 > You probably want to insert a Racket box into the pict box and then type some code in
 > there that evaluates to a pict.
 >
 > But I fear you'll be disappointed. The reason I mothballed these (and I had forgotten
 > about the environment variable!) was because they were just too clunky.

I'll see if I get there!

Thanks for your efforts,
  Konrad.

Posted on the users mailing list.