[racket] How much memory does the web server need?

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Wed Sep 18 07:32:50 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm thinking about switching my static web pages from traditional
hosting to a virtual server running Ubuntu. Since I'm very familiar with
racket and like it, it'd be only natural to use it (so I can make the
pages more dynamic in the long run and perhaps even add a few web apps).

Now I wonder: Does a virtual server with one core and 512MB RAM
suffice for running the server? What's the minimum amount of RAM to
which the web server's memory can be limited and still run "normally"?
Should I go for 1024 MB instead (=4 Euros more per month)?

Best,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.