[racket] How about a python ffi for Racket?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 4 10:07:19 EDT 2013

One of my former student researchers performed this work (Daniel Silva supervised by Philippe Meunier). My rough impressions:
 -- he tried three different approaches in roughly 2003-2005, the embedding Racket into a C process seemed to work best
 -- nothing worked perfectly at the time because of the impedance mismatch in memory models and memory reclamation
 -- our goals were strictly research-oriented (running #lang Python code via the Python run-time and analyzing it)
	[the Python community was so negative that my students lost interest]
 -- the two implementations were integrated to the point where you could exchange any data (though see memory)
	and run some mutual callbacks.
 -- I don't think it would be possible to have a general-purpose FFI but that's my personal gut-feeling judgment
For Bassett's intentions this would work well from what I can tell though it may not eliminate the actual performance bottleneck.

That's about all I can say -- Matthias