[racket] Racket/GUI

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen.degabrielle at acm.org)
Date: Wed Mar 27 08:41:33 EDT 2013

Hi,
(Comments/questions below)

On Monday, 25 March 2013, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> At Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:21:28 -0700, Дмитрий Шевелёв wrote:
> > 1. In the library are very few widgets. Is there more widgets?
>
> The `mrlib' libraries provide a few more, including the `hierlist%'
> widget for hierarchical lists.

Check out the source code of 'MrEd Designer' in PLaneT

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=mred-designer.plt&owner=orseau

> > 2. Perhaps there is Binding on Qt5 or wxWidgets?
>
> Not currently.
>
> You can use the FFI to pull in more Gtk, Win32, or Cocoa widgets on the
> corresponding platform. The `get-handle' and `get-client-handle'
> methods of a `window<%>' provide access to the underlying GUI toolkit's
> object, which lets you mix `racket/gui' windows and naive widgets.

I'm fascinated by this, I'm having trouble locating an example where it is
used to bring in a native control.

 collects/mred/private/mrwindow.rkt<http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/blob/81cbf1ae1fb81bce7eb0aa8637a2656797bdb6f1:/collects/mred/private/mrwindow.rkt>
looks
like a candidate, but I'm having trouble understanding what is being done?**

> > 3. Where can I find more documentation on programming gui applications in
> > racket.

SirMail source code is also worth a look.
https://github.com/mflatt/sirmail

Kind regards,

Stephen

Stephen De Gabrielle
stephen.degabrielle at acm.org
Telephone +44 (0)20 85670911
Mobile        +44 (0)79 85189045
http://www.degabrielle.name/stephen
----
Professor: Oh God! I clicked without reading!
Cubert: And I slightly modified something I own!
Professor: We're monsters!