[racket] Racket/GUI

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 25 07:26:06 EDT 2013

At Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:21:28 -0700, Дмитрий Шевелёв wrote:
> 1. In the library are very few widgets. Is there more widgets?

The `mrlib' libraries provide a few more, including the `hierlist%'
widget for hierarchical lists.

> 2. Perhaps there is Binding on Qt5 or wxWidgets?

Not currently.

You can use the FFI to pull in more Gtk, Win32, or Cocoa widgets on the
corresponding platform. The `get-handle' and `get-client-handle'
methods of a `window<%>' provide access to the underlying GUI toolkit's
object, which lets you mix `racket/gui' windows and naive widgets.

> 3. Where can I find more documentation on programming gui applications in
> racket.

I think you've probably found the documentation that we have,
currently:

  http://docs.racket-lang.org/gui/

Posted on the users mailing list.