[racket] Offtopic: Favorite resources for mastering SML?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Thu Jul 4 10:36:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

One of my current projects is to master as functional and statically
typed programming language. Having discussed and debated it years ago
(partially on list here, too) the conclusion was reached that SML
would be a nicer place to start than Haskell or Clean. Fifteen years
after its release, there seems to be a lot of knowledge but not a ton
of resources exactly. There are a lot of dead links and books out of
print (working off the SML/NJ resource list). I'm wondering of ACM's
digital library is a good place to start.

Last week I worked through _ML for the Working Programmers_ which was
great but didn't get into the details in a way that I would have
expected (went from 10mph to 100mph instead). Up next is _The Little
MLer_ and Harpers _Programming in Standard ML_.

This list's members have a breadth and depth far beyond most, so I'm
wondering if I could get your help here and learn about your favorite
learning SML resources.

Best wishes,

--
Grant Rettke | ACM, AMA, COG, IEEE