[racket] Beginners request for code review.

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 06:08:21 EST 2013

2013/1/31 Carl Eastlund <cce at ccs.neu.edu>:
> Piotr,
>
> This isn't good Racket code, it's *gorgeous*.  That was my impression at
> first glance, and the more I look, the more I like it.  Your Bezier library
> absolutely does not read like the code of a novice Racketeer.  Few enough
> people regularly use a combination of objects, pattern matching, map, cut,
> macros, contracts, named let, multiple values, submodules... let alone using
> them all in readable and idiomatic fashion.

I agree with this. Welcome to the club.

I see that in the hunt for performance, you have used macros
as a form of "manual inlining". It might be worth to experiment
with fl+, fl* and friends, since they don't need to handle other
number types, they might give you some extra performance.

    http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/flonums.html

--
Jens Axel Søgaard