[racket] looking for a simple ssh library.

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 28 10:44:36 EST 2013

On 2013-02-28 9:33 AM, jo wrote:
> I am looking for a simple ssh library a la net::snmp. The remote node
> does not have racket installed. I want to send and receive commands to
> the device.

I am working on a project that includes writing an implementation of
SSHv2. At the moment it's not quite usable as a client: I have yet to
implement the auth subprotocol, for one.

If Michael Wilber's suggestion of just using (system) doesn't work for
you, let me know and I'll see what I can do about polishing it up for
release.

(Incidentally, I've used (system) to launch ssh to start remote commands
before: the only sticking point for me was I needed to use the "-tt" flag:

  (process (format "ssh -tt ~a '~a'" machine-name command))

... because I wanted my long-running job to be killed when the SSH
connection closed, rather than living on afterward; giving it a
controlling TTY is important in that case.)

Regards,
  Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.