[racket] doc builder error ?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Sat Feb 2 13:16:29 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Yvan Godin <yvan.godin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Racketers
> I am trying last build Racket 5.3.2.3 and with this single lines
> #lang racket
> (require planet2)
> (install "sxml")
> (install "mongodb")

Hi Yvan,

Confirmed.  I see this too, and just with the (install "sxml") part.
This happens in DrRacket 5.3.2.  Here's the error I see:

---
 reference to a variable that has the wrong procedure or structure-type shape
  reference phase level: 0
  variable module: "/Applications/Racket v5.3.2/collects/racket/list.rkt"
  variable phase: 0
  reference in module: "/Applications/Racket
v5.3.2/collects/racket/bytes.rkt" in: add-between11.1
---

... Ok, this is even odder.  If I do the same commands in
console-level Racket, I do not see the error:

---
slab:racket dyoo$ racket
Welcome to Racket v5.3.2.
> (require planet2)
> (install "sxml")
racket install: package is already installed
  package: sxml
---

... Ok, there seems to be a bad interaction with the language
preference setting "Populate Compiled Directories (for faster

There's a potential relationship with something Neil Toronto saw at racket-dev:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@racket-lang.org/msg08228.html

Posted on the users mailing list.