[racket] Would someone prefer paredit shortcuts?

From: Piotr Kalinowski (pitkali at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 21:49:08 EST 2013

Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>
writes:

> Just in case: the package should probably not change the meta/command
> settings. That is something that only a user should configure
> explicitly.

Yeah, I've figured that much after finding that option in preferences.

> On Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 钟 wrote:
>
>> According to the document, Command is mapped to Meta when
>> 'map-command-as-meta-key' produces #t, or we can use "d:" for command.
>> It should be better to set it to #t by default while still provide
>> multiple keybindings.

I don't think using d: explicitly is a good idea. If you're a mac user
with command *not* set to be meta, you're probably already using
semi-habitually d:s for Save, d:r for Run, not to mention all the other
nice key combinations with d:.

I actually think providing esc; key bindings here only makes it closer
to Emacs, where this works exactly as meta. It is also consistent with
default DrRacket key bindings.

Regards,
Piotr Kalinowski
--
Intelligence is like a river: the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.