[racket] How to document a package and access its documentation

From: Lawrence Woodman (lwoodman at vlifesystems.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 13:15:36 EDT 2013

On 13/08/13 13:44, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:15:10 +0100, Lawrence Woodman wrote:
>> However, despite being able to render the docs with scribble, I still
>> can't render with
>> raco setup/ raco pkg install.  When I try, I get the following error:
>>
>>       raco setup: --- building documentation ---
>>       raco setup: docs failure: application: not a procedure;
>>        expected a procedure that can be applied to arguments
>>         given: #f
>>         arguments...:
>>          'scribblings
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea why this is being caused?  Or how I can go
>> about investigating it?
> That looks like a a bug in `raco setup' that has been fixed in v5.90.x.
> It happens when a "info-domain/compiled/cache.rktd" file, which record
> fields provided by "info.rkt" files, gets out of sync with the
> "info.rkt" files.

Which would make sense as I was mucking about with these files when
trying to sort out the conflict with the PLaneT file.

> Does running `raco setup' with 0 arguments fix the problem?

I tried it, and tried various other things, butI kept finding references
to the plt file.  So I deleted the ~/.racket directory in the hope that it
would regenerate.  Unfortunately the doc database hasn't regenerated
so I can't run raco setup as there is no database for it.  I have tried
reinstalling racket from the debian repo, but no joy.  Any ideas?

Lorry

--
vLife Systems Ltd
Registered Office: The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square,