[racket] How to document a package and access its documentation

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 13 08:44:53 EDT 2013

At Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:15:10 +0100, Lawrence Woodman wrote:
> However, despite being able to render the docs with scribble, I still
> can't render with
> raco setup/ raco pkg install.  When I try, I get the following error:
>
>      raco setup: --- building documentation ---
>      raco setup: docs failure: application: not a procedure;
>       expected a procedure that can be applied to arguments
>        given: #f
>        arguments...:
>         'scribblings
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this is being caused?  Or how I can go
> about investigating it?

That looks like a a bug in `raco setup' that has been fixed in v5.90.x.
It happens when a "info-domain/compiled/cache.rktd" file, which record
fields provided by "info.rkt" files, gets out of sync with the
"info.rkt" files.

Does running `raco setup' with 0 arguments fix the problem?

Posted on the users mailing list.