[racket] Misleading label when registering with pkg.racket-lang.org

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 7 08:52:05 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-06 4:54 PM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> If you'd like, I can make the patch myself, but I think it may be more
> productive to figure out the deeper reason why it is hard to tell that
> "Contribute a Package" goes to a package information form and fix
> that, rather than just changing a text string.

It's because I had just gone on a detour to create a user account. On
many sites, creating a user account isn't as quick as on this site:
after registering a username and password, a screen will be presented
asking for user details. That's what confused me. The first field I was
presented with after registering and confirming my email address and
password was a field labelled "Name".

I was definitely confused though. I managed to fill in the other,
obviously-package-specific fields, without noticing I had been filling
in the form inconsistently!

Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.