[racket] Redex question: parameterizing a language definition

From: Lindsey Kuper (lkuper at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 5 16:14:14 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Lindsey Kuper <lkuper at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Matthias Felleisen
> <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> So, I think that you could use _Racket_'s syntax system to compute
>> the grammar. This is quite different from extending a base grammar
>> with new features or value clauses but as I said at the beginning,
>> it is closer to the way you describe lambdaLVar.
>
> So, in other words, have a macro that generates a Redex grammar?  I
> can give that a try.

This seems to be working now.  If anyone wants to take a look at a
simple Redex-generating macro, it's here:
https://github.com/iu-parfunc/lvars/blob/master/redex/lambdaLVar.rkt

I'm no macrologist, but this really turned out to be straightforward.
I was even able to explain it to my undergrad research student today.
:) Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Lindsey

Posted on the users mailing list.