[racket] Problem with on-subwindow-event

From: Kieron Hardy (kieron.hardy at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 01:47:17 EDT 2012

I used 'enter to make the problem easy to demonstrate, but what I'm really interested in is button up/down events and they get duplicated also. Unfortunately there's no guarantee that a window will ever get a matched pair of up/down events (due to pop-ups etc.) so I really can't rely on that.

But I might be able to work-around by storing the mouse-event% when first processing, and then treat as duplicate all calls to on-subwindow-event that pass that same event.

Kieron

On Sep 24, 2012, at 19:47, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Oh. Well, either this is going to be a bug, or it is going to fall
> under "you sometimes get strange events, thanks to details of how the
> platform interacts with its apps". I'm not sure which in this case,
> but can you tell that you've gotten two enters without getting a leave
> inbetween?
>
> Robby
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Kieron Hardy <kieron.hardy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2012, at 17:57, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> When I run this on the mac, I don't see any enter events, which seems
>>> strange.
>>
>> Strange - I am on Windows but thought the code would work on all platforms.
>>
>>> But my initial reaction to your question was that you need to
>>> use the 'r' argument.
>>
>> But the receiver (r) for all three events for the frame% is the same. Ditto for both events for the list-box%.
>>
>> Kieron

Posted on the users mailing list.