[racket] identifier is already imported

From: Antonio Menezes Leitao (antonio.menezes.leitao at ist.utl.pt)
Date: Wed Oct 10 19:09:38 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I see that message if I install the package with
>
>  (require (planet aml/rosetta))
>
> within DrRacket.
>
> I think the Planet installation is inheriting DrRacket's configuration
> to disable source locations in the text of the syntax errors, because
> DrRacket extracts source information from the exception record and
> implements its own way to show the source. During Planet-package
> installation, though, the error is captured and printed to stderr by
> the setup process, instead of raised as an exception that DrRacket can
> handle. Probably the installation process should reset the
> error-message configuration to its default mode.
>
> If I install in plain Racket, I get
>
>  matrix.rkt:70:8: module: identifier is already imported
>    at: matrix?
>    in: (define-values (struct:matrix matrix1 matrix? matrix-vals) ....

Excellent. Problem solved. It was an old file that was no
longer needed.

Even if it is not desirable to have source locations available
during planet installation, it would be good if the error
message included the identifier that was already imported.

Thanks a lot for your help.

António.

Posted on the users mailing list.