[racket] identifier is already imported

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 10 18:37:00 EDT 2012

I see that message if I install the package with

 (require (planet aml/rosetta))

within DrRacket.

I think the Planet installation is inheriting DrRacket's configuration
to disable source locations in the text of the syntax errors, because
DrRacket extracts source information from the exception record and
implements its own way to show the source. During Planet-package
installation, though, the error is captured and printed to stderr by
the setup process, instead of raised as an exception that DrRacket can
handle. Probably the installation process should reset the
error-message configuration to its default mode.

If I install in plain Racket, I get

 matrix.rkt:70:8: module: identifier is already imported
   at: matrix?
   in: (define-values (struct:matrix matrix1 matrix? matrix-vals) ....