[racket] "raco setup -c my-collect" takes a long time

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 29 07:49:42 EST 2012

I guess just using `(define-logger x11)' and `log-x11-debug' isn't
enough control?

The `--mode' argument to `raco setup' is more intended for this
situation, but it requires a little work to create a mode. Carl's
suggestion of PLTCOMPILEDROOTS may be simpler (though, again, it's not
really meant for this job).

I can see how `raco setup -c' is an even simpler solution. The problem
in `raco setup -c' is parsing the command line to decide whether to
bootstrap `raco setup' itself from source --- and that decision has to
be made before loading the command-line parser that is part of `raco
setup'. There's a little conservative parser that triggers bootstrap
mode is it detects anything that looks like `-c'. Maybe the solution is
to have a different flag that isn't treated specially, and so it works
only on collections that aren't used to implement `raco setup'.