[racket] translate from Racket to Common Lisp

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 4 20:00:15 EST 2012

At Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:38:25 -0800 (PST), Hugh Aguilar wrote:
> Has anybody done any benchmarks comparing Racket, Gambit, Chicken, or
> any other Scheme, for speed?

As it happens, as a sanity check on various changes that I've made
recently, I've recently re-run a bunch of conventional Scheme
benchmarks on Racket v5.3.1.4, Gambit v4.6.6, and Chicken v4.8.0 in
64-bit mode on Mac OS X using a 1.8GHz MacBook Air. A table of results
is enclosed.

For more information on the benchmarks, as well as more careful but
out-of-date measurements, see

 http://blog.racket-lang.org/2010/01/benchmarks.html

Naturally, I will stress that all benchmark result are of limited use.
Still, I think the general conclusion that "the fast Lisps are all
pretty comparable" is about right in practice.