[racket] XREPL on Windows

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 10 11:27:49 EDT 2012

> Apologies in advance: I'm talking about something I know *almost* nothing about, but it appears that these days, "git" for windows ships with something that looks like a pretty complete "bash". Is this a viable alternative to cygwin, or are there a whole bunch of pieces that I don't know about?

It's a Bash shell with a reasonable selection of core utilities, but
not nearly as much as is available with Cygwin.  Also IIUC FWIW it's
based on MinGW, not cygwin.

In my case Git Bash was the gateway drug. Later I installed cygwin and
used its git build. I also used MinTTY.

Using either cygwin and MinGW, readline "just worked" for me.