[racket] Ubuntu 12.04

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon May 7 13:36:02 EDT 2012

Jackson Lawler wrote at 05/07/2012 01:13 PM:
> I can confirm that DrRacket works on Ubuntu 12.0, but I had to do some
> fiddling to get it to work, and the scrolling is painfully slow.

DrRacket 5.2.1 scrolling is speedy for me under Ubuntu 12.04 on a
5-year-old laptop.

This is with a DrRacket I built from source code, not precompiled, but I
doubt that matters.  And yes, it's all anti-aliased.

Just a wild guess, but are you using a very slow X driver, such as an
SVGA one, rather than one more specific to your video device?

(Not endorsing Ubuntu here.  I just have a machine handy for testing.)

Neil V.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/