[racket] problem with module language

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sun Mar 25 19:29:12 EDT 2012

On Mar 22, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Joop Ringelberg wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I try to write a small module language (named: biglooModuleSyntax.scm) in order to be able to run some files with a bigloo module statement in Racket. However, I run into a problem I do not understand at all.
>
> The (Bigloo) code loads a library ssax-sxml. In Racket, this must be replaced by: (require (planet "sxml.ss" ("lizorkin" "sxml.plt" 2 1))). The Bigloo code also needs some extra functions not provided by sxml.ss, so I require an additional small module (in missing-ssax-functions.scm). To this end, biglooModuleSyntax.scm contains the following macro:

This is entirely orthogonal to your question, but I would encourage you to use

(require (planet clements/sxml2))

rather than the outdated sxml PLaneT package.  The differences, in a nutshell:

- MUCH faster install times thanks to simpler dependencies,
- a bit of error-handling cleanup,
- some documentation,

... and possibly other stuff that I've forgotten about.

All the best,

John Clements

Posted on the users mailing list.